« Home | First Day Back » | Merry Christmas! » | Gaining Weight » | Spring 2006 Schedule » | Anybody want to do some skydiving? » | Another cool link » | Chronicles of Narnia » | My truck when I went to leave for work this mornin... » | Why December 25? » | T. C. Steele » 

Sonntag, Januar 22, 2006 

The Lost Art of Listening

It seems funny that I would be posting about listening on a blog. Blogs are all about talking, giving others only a little box that is off on another page to "comment". Maybe this is one of the reasons I really dislike blogs, or more specifically having my own blog. It's like on my blog I'm the man in the article (that I am going to link to on here) that just didn't know how to listen. He just talked and talked. Listening to other people has always been important to me, although I never really knew how to express it. Like the lady that wrote the article I like listening to what people are "really" saying when they are talking to me, to listen for the bigger picture of their motivations and needs. I don't know that I agree with everything in her paper, but I had to read it for COM 315 anyway lol. It is really interesting to read while thinking about how we could use listening and asking good questions to incarnate the love of Christ to others so that we might bring them to Christ if they aren't Christians or just to be there and encourage them if they are. With that I think I've said enough lol, here's the essay:

http://traubman.igc.org/listenof.htm

Wow, very interesting article. I would agree, only when you really listen to people, can you really begin to care about them. ..pray for them. . . love them the way Christ would love.
Thanks for sharing it!

Hey Ross, yeah, i found your blog, heh, don't ask how......jk, anyway i thought it would be better to have 2 statements from the populace then a proclamation from a bold individual...lol, heh, pretty creative, anyway interesting article, pretty good conversation starter...well, ttyl

Kommentar veröffentlichen