Gaining Weight
I flew to into Indianapolis Intl. tonight with my student, and got paid for it! Sometimes I really love my job. We left right after dark in the snow and driving wind to make our final dual x-c. We were definitely the only ones flying, but that's cool to know there was no one else as crazy as us. And my student got to experience icing, so it's all good. We flew into Charter Services, which is Lafayette Aviation's charter counterpart there in Indy. I meant to get some pictures, but it was way to cold and I forgot my camera so sorry, no joy on the pics.
But then I got back home..... and now have nothing really to do. It's really cool, and there is indeed millions of things I could be doing, but it's also really boring. Hopefully this isn't a fortaste of the working work for me.....
Well, since I had extra time, I started looking at protein supplements and stuff to start taking when I work out. To build those massive muscles you know lol. I think I finally figured out which one to get too. That sounds easy enough but there's like 200 billion of them out there so it really gets complicated. So many things that go into them. And then right when I would find one I liked I would look at the price tag and it would be around 80 bucks or so for 30 servings. Yeah, I don't think so. I thought I wanted a "weight gainer" instead of just straight protein, but I think I've come to the conclusion that I'll just buy straight protein powder (which is cheaper) and then mix my own weight gainer. Here's one of the recipes I'm going to try just in case any of you out there really want to pack it on:
it tastes great and is a healthy source of calories.
2 cups milk
2 scoops whey protein
0.5 cups oats
2 tbsp natural peanut butter
1 large banana
Nutritional facts (estimated, may vary with products)
- Calories : 970- Protein : 70g- Carbs : 100g- Fat : 34g (using 2% milk)
Yum.
Oh, and funny story. The post that I wrote that has the picture of my truck and talks about us running around barefoot in the snow.... well I found out when I was at work later that week that Tina and Chayce, two of my fellow compadres there at Laf Avi, had stopped by my house that evening on their way to go sledding in the park right next to us.
But there's a twist, they were going to play a little joke on my by having Chayce's roommate bang on the door till I answered and then be like "hi Ross" even though I wouldn't know who he was from Adam. Sounds like a good idea right? But there's another twist.
Apparently they had the poor guy banging on the door of the wrong house. They sent him to the door of the house that's right next to ours .... it's identical, so I see how they could mistake it. Well finally the poor girl that lives next door answered the door wrapped in a towel and looking like she had just jumped out of the shower lol. The poor guy didn't know what to say, cause he could definitely see that she wasn't Ross even though he didn't know who I was. So after that whole mess, they finally found my door and just knocked this time. But of course I didn't answer because I was two houses down running around in the snow. The poor people that live around us must think the whole corner's going crazy lol. That may not be far from the truth.
But then I got back home..... and now have nothing really to do. It's really cool, and there is indeed millions of things I could be doing, but it's also really boring. Hopefully this isn't a fortaste of the working work for me.....
Well, since I had extra time, I started looking at protein supplements and stuff to start taking when I work out. To build those massive muscles you know lol. I think I finally figured out which one to get too. That sounds easy enough but there's like 200 billion of them out there so it really gets complicated. So many things that go into them. And then right when I would find one I liked I would look at the price tag and it would be around 80 bucks or so for 30 servings. Yeah, I don't think so. I thought I wanted a "weight gainer" instead of just straight protein, but I think I've come to the conclusion that I'll just buy straight protein powder (which is cheaper) and then mix my own weight gainer. Here's one of the recipes I'm going to try just in case any of you out there really want to pack it on:
it tastes great and is a healthy source of calories.
2 cups milk
2 scoops whey protein
0.5 cups oats
2 tbsp natural peanut butter
1 large banana
Nutritional facts (estimated, may vary with products)
- Calories : 970- Protein : 70g- Carbs : 100g- Fat : 34g (using 2% milk)
Yum.
Oh, and funny story. The post that I wrote that has the picture of my truck and talks about us running around barefoot in the snow.... well I found out when I was at work later that week that Tina and Chayce, two of my fellow compadres there at Laf Avi, had stopped by my house that evening on their way to go sledding in the park right next to us.
But there's a twist, they were going to play a little joke on my by having Chayce's roommate bang on the door till I answered and then be like "hi Ross" even though I wouldn't know who he was from Adam. Sounds like a good idea right? But there's another twist.
Apparently they had the poor guy banging on the door of the wrong house. They sent him to the door of the house that's right next to ours .... it's identical, so I see how they could mistake it. Well finally the poor girl that lives next door answered the door wrapped in a towel and looking like she had just jumped out of the shower lol. The poor guy didn't know what to say, cause he could definitely see that she wasn't Ross even though he didn't know who I was. So after that whole mess, they finally found my door and just knocked this time. But of course I didn't answer because I was two houses down running around in the snow. The poor people that live around us must think the whole corner's going crazy lol. That may not be far from the truth.


That's a funny story. Sounds like a good, harmless prank too. I might have to remember that one for the next time the girls and I get together and have nothing to do. lol.
Posted by
Ariel |
10:13 PM
lol yeah, I laughed pretty hard when they told me about it. now every time I see that girl that lives next door it's all I can do to keep from laughing. She never said anything about it though when I've said hey to her... lol our poor neighbors.
Posted by
Ross |
11:22 AM