« Home | Monday Monday. Can't trust that day. » | I like it. » | Some random blonde Jokes sent to me by a random pe... » | Bla Bla Bla Bla » | Something else I've been wondering, why do people ... » | God is really awesome. He didn’t have to give us c... » | The Associated Press is Communist » | Crews Look for Missing in Mo. Plane Crash KIRKSVI... » | ok, so your all not aloud to read my blog now » | A little o' that goes a long way » 

Mittwoch, Oktober 27, 2004 

Ruby Tuesday/ Wednesday

Continuing the little musical theme there. Test today wasn't bad, but I missed one question out of the fifty because I'm just plain stupid. Av Tech test are kind of funny. They aren't nearly as hard as, like, engineering tests but it's expected that you do perfect or nearly so. Their line of thought is that they will only teach us stuff they expect us to know, and no more, and the tests directly reflect what they teach. So you should have no excuse to miss questions on an exam. And an A in Avtech is 93% or greater, I don't know what was wrong with 90% like everyone else (or around 60% for engineers) but whatever. So anyway, I forgot to mention that this past weekend when I went dirt biking in the quarry, on my way out there I saw about the scariest thing I've ever seen. I just about ran off the road in shock. Alright so there was this chick, more like an older chick, I guess that would make her like a hen or something, like midlife or so, and she was standing on the side of this road in jogging clothes talking on her cell phone. She must have like stopped jogging to answer it or something. But that's not the scary part. The scary part was that this female had arms like I didn't know a female could have. They were, like, way out of proportion to the rest of her body toward the massive side. I don't know how she kept the hairy side pointed skyward! So that kind of really freaked me out I don't know why. I just wasn't ready to sasquache's wife out there on my nice sunny drive into the countryside. So anyway, back to tuesday. Well I guess there really isn't anything else about tuesday anyway. Oh, I got to go work out at the corec in the evening (I've got to keep strong incase the hulkess comes after me). It's kind of relaxing to me to work out or do other strenuous physical activity. I don't really know why, but it is. I got a pretty good work out too. When I was leaving the corec, I went to push the door open but my arms just kind of collapsed and I ended up just kind of slamming the door open with my body. I'm sure it looked as stupid as it sounds. That's all for now folks! I think that post on Psalms is going to take a little longer than I thought. One because I'm short on time and Two because It's taking a little longer for me to digest what I'm reading because I don't want to overlook stuff. I am going to go at it from a neutral standpoint and try and prove to myself one way or another just from scripture. We'll see how that goes. The fist thing I'm finding is that it's pretty incredible how few scriptures there actually are on this important topic.

Hey. Watch what you say about women. Don't (1) call them chicks or (2) especially never hens or (3) comment unnecessarily on their physical qualities. Or at least don't do any of those in a place where females can hear. Because we're really big on guys who notice character more than anything else.

Well, I don't make a habit of noticing physical features of people, especially women, but this was a special case! Trust me, as much time as she probably spent building those muscles she would probably be flattered if I commented on them! Shoot, I would even trade arms with her if she didn't like that she made Arnold shwartzawhatever look like a wimpy little school boy.

I was using "chick" and "hen" because "lady" didn't fit

And next time I will try to get to know her character better but that's kind of hard to do in the .2 seconds that I have to interupt her cell conversation and get to know her while flying past at 55 mph.

However despite all I just said, I agree that the most important part of a woman (person) in their character. Just as long as they aren't like 500 times stronger than me.

Psalm 150 would be a big one, Also Psalm 33:1-3, 81:2, 92:1-3, 96:1, all of Psalm 98, 144:9 and 149:3. Isaiah 38:20 is particularly applicable to music in churches. Also Numbers 10:10.

Then in Matthew 26:30 the Greek word is humneo [to hymn, i.e. sing a religious ode; by implication, to celebrate (God) in song:--sing a hymn (praise unto).] as opposed to in 1 Corinthians 14:26 where the word used is psalmos[a set piece of music, i.e. a sacred ode (accompanied with the voice, harp or other instrument; a "psalm"); collectively, the book of the Psalms:--psalm.]

…And I should stop now and I didn’t just say all that. I did not bring up the subject. Although I could keep going.

If you look up the Greek word humneo (Strong’s # 5214 ) in Thayer’s Lexicon it says that the Matthew 26:30 passage means the “singing of paschal hymns these were Psalms 113 - 118 and 136, which the Jews called the 'great Hallel'.”

Hmm... all good insights. Those are some of the things I've been sorting through over the last week. Some of the scripture I've been sorting through is: Ps. 95:2; Ps.40:3; Ps. 96:1; Col 3:16; Eph.5:19; Mark 14;26; 1 cor 14:26; Jas 5:13; Matt 26:30; 1chron 25; Num 10:10; 2chron 29:25-30; Heb. 9:12; Heb 13:15; Hos 14:2 if y'all wanted to know. Feel free to keep commenting on your viewpoints and how you interperate scripture on this topic. Last time I discussed all this with a group of people we were all forced to dig deep into what we believed even beyond just the whole singing thing. However! One little beef of mine is when "discussions" turn into arguments. If you do comment don't attack view points, just make a case for the truth as the first several comments have demonstrated. Class time.

I’m done for a while. I’d love to see what you decide, but I don’t belong in this discussion. I already know what I believe (and probably by now everyone else can guess), and I’d be happy to defend it to anyone in person but not over an open discussion. Because right now I’m under authorities that disagree with me, and I really do think that it is a non-essential that I can live with for four years. And you do have some great passages there.

Wow! Now there's restraint. (see I do notice character) Well, actually I have already made up my mind on what I beleive on this many years ago. But I honestly think that we should do our best to worship Christ the way he wants to be worshiped, and so I just want to make sure that I do that. And besides that, I've never heard of anything bad happening from reading scripture. I might need contacts after awhile if we don't buy light bulbs though.

Kommentar veröffentlichen