Today I lost my true love. Just when I was beginning to picture us being forever, it all ended and so suddenly. I really didn’t see it coming at all. One day she and I are spending time together between every class, eating lunches together; I just couldn’t seem to go anywhere without her.
After a long, stressful day I knew I could always recount for her the many small trouble that littered the time since I last saw her and somehow it just made me feel like it was all going to be alright.
It’s strange how you can come to love so much and not even realize it till you loose what is so precious to you. How feelings can be so confusing till viewed through the looking glass of hind sight, and then the contrast makes them sickeningly clear. Already the memory of her grows faint; her smell that would surround and comfort me even in my darkest hours, the sound of her that made all other sounds seem to disappear, and the feel of her every inch …. so strong for her task yet so tender and ready to follow me anywhere. So simple yet so complicated. She would know what I needed her to do without me ever having to speak a single word. Yes, she was indeed my closest companion; one with which familiarity goes beyond description.
My heart is broken in two, and will remain so ……… until I get another truck.
Yep, that was my big melodramatic moment of the day. Mom and Dad came up to say hey and get some dinner, but also to swap out the Taurus for my truck ‘cause Dad wants to try and sell the truck. I figured a post in memory of my late truck was in order. I also just saw “Finding Neverland” and you can’t watch Johnny Depp trip out for two hours without being slightly affected.
After a long, stressful day I knew I could always recount for her the many small trouble that littered the time since I last saw her and somehow it just made me feel like it was all going to be alright.
It’s strange how you can come to love so much and not even realize it till you loose what is so precious to you. How feelings can be so confusing till viewed through the looking glass of hind sight, and then the contrast makes them sickeningly clear. Already the memory of her grows faint; her smell that would surround and comfort me even in my darkest hours, the sound of her that made all other sounds seem to disappear, and the feel of her every inch …. so strong for her task yet so tender and ready to follow me anywhere. So simple yet so complicated. She would know what I needed her to do without me ever having to speak a single word. Yes, she was indeed my closest companion; one with which familiarity goes beyond description.
My heart is broken in two, and will remain so ……… until I get another truck.
Yep, that was my big melodramatic moment of the day. Mom and Dad came up to say hey and get some dinner, but also to swap out the Taurus for my truck ‘cause Dad wants to try and sell the truck. I figured a post in memory of my late truck was in order. I also just saw “Finding Neverland” and you can’t watch Johnny Depp trip out for two hours without being slightly affected.


I’d offer some of Andrew’s wise words about the benefits of singleness and how much money single guys save, but since you’re only downgrading to a slightly cheaper and far inferior model it wouldn’t be entirely accurate. We’ll just have to do a new paint job on the Taurus and make it halfway cool =)
Posted by
Anonym |
8:44 AM
LOLOL That's great! You kept me guessing right till the end, although I knew it had to be a thing rather than a person. ;-)
Posted by
Anonym |
3:53 PM
OK OK, now I really feel awful!!!!!!!!Quick, take her back, but which one do you want, the brown vixen or the red heartbreaker? Oh rash act, or unwise move!
~love, a tormented mom
Posted by
Anonym |
10:46 PM
LOL yeah sorry y'all I couldn't resist. It started as a joke between Josh and I when he brought a hankerchief out to me so that I could dry my eyes as I watched it drive away, and then I just had way to much fun once I started writing on here. The fun part was when Josh and I started analyzing it for subliminal threads of thought that might have got woven in there. See the part where it implies Paul is dead? (actually there's not really a part implying Paul is dead, but that's another running Josh and Ross Joke.) (or is there lol)
Posted by
Ross |
8:38 AM