Ahh. I don’t know how I was able to handle not having a spring break in home school. This past week was a well timed break in the constant drone of school. The only thing I wish I had done that I didn’t was take more pictures. I carried my camera with me just about all week and took a grand total of 4 pictures. And three were of the same thing. But I’ll post the pictures I have and maybe some more will trickle in from others that can remember to use their camera. Mom just got a new one so I know she had to have taken some.
The first half of the week I enjoyed making the one and only big concern of my life fixing the brake line on my former vehicle, the infamous brown truck. It was just nice not to have to worry about anything for awhile. And of course the entire week the cooking was unparalleled.
The second half of the week was a tad busier. I got to watch the dress rehearsal for the play/musical Kathryn’s in Wednesday night. I was able to see the finished product Saturday night but it means so much more when you’ve seen it “in the making”. Then Thursday Dad and I headed down to the Hoosier National Forest and did some hiking. We looked around for Patton Cave but didn’t find it. I have the Lat/Longs for it now though so next time…… And actually we got pretty close just looking around. It’s not to hard to figure out there’s a cave around when there’s sink holes all around. But we were concerned about making it back to our campsite by dark so we didn’t look very hard, and made a bee line across the Deam wilderness for where we had left our car. 3 hours later…….lol. It took a little longer than expected but it was still an awesome hike. It didn’t look like too many people make it back there. So then we camped, got up the next day and ate at the Abe Martin lodge, went to the lake to fix the boat dock for Mom’s Dad, and then headed home.
I was home for a couple hours and then I headed back down to Bloomington to hang out down there. Once again I forgot to take picture…..but I had my camera the whole time. Kara has a few pics on her Blog. Strange things happen when four guys stand around burning meat out there at night……or having the meat take forever to start burning might be a little closer to the truth. Nathan brought me a, uh, very special heart felt card that we quickly turned around and took over to the Wegener’s so I could pass it on to Kristen. It was hilarious but I haven’t really found out how much trouble I’m in yet…..she didn’t say much but I did get a hand shake so it may not be too bad.
So that’s pretty much my week in a more words than needed.
The first half of the week I enjoyed making the one and only big concern of my life fixing the brake line on my former vehicle, the infamous brown truck. It was just nice not to have to worry about anything for awhile. And of course the entire week the cooking was unparalleled.
The second half of the week was a tad busier. I got to watch the dress rehearsal for the play/musical Kathryn’s in Wednesday night. I was able to see the finished product Saturday night but it means so much more when you’ve seen it “in the making”. Then Thursday Dad and I headed down to the Hoosier National Forest and did some hiking. We looked around for Patton Cave but didn’t find it. I have the Lat/Longs for it now though so next time…… And actually we got pretty close just looking around. It’s not to hard to figure out there’s a cave around when there’s sink holes all around. But we were concerned about making it back to our campsite by dark so we didn’t look very hard, and made a bee line across the Deam wilderness for where we had left our car. 3 hours later…….lol. It took a little longer than expected but it was still an awesome hike. It didn’t look like too many people make it back there. So then we camped, got up the next day and ate at the Abe Martin lodge, went to the lake to fix the boat dock for Mom’s Dad, and then headed home.
I was home for a couple hours and then I headed back down to Bloomington to hang out down there. Once again I forgot to take picture…..but I had my camera the whole time. Kara has a few pics on her Blog. Strange things happen when four guys stand around burning meat out there at night……or having the meat take forever to start burning might be a little closer to the truth. Nathan brought me a, uh, very special heart felt card that we quickly turned around and took over to the Wegener’s so I could pass it on to Kristen. It was hilarious but I haven’t really found out how much trouble I’m in yet…..she didn’t say much but I did get a hand shake so it may not be too bad.
So that’s pretty much my week in a more words than needed.


Actually it would seem you made quite an impression. Kris sent you something rather special (rather special because Nathan got to help...)
Posted by
Anonym |
1:26 PM
Mrs. Richardson was really impressed after talking with you at the dress rehearsal! She said you were a trooper for coming to the show two times. I said "hey it's not that bad!"
Posted by
Anonym |
10:55 AM
Well it was a pretty entertaining show so it wasn't too hard. She a character.
Uh oh, Kris and Nathan collaborating ......sounds like trouble lol.
Posted by
Ross |
4:38 PM