I was told
I needed to use
paragraphs
every time I started a new thought.
So in order to expand
my
educational horizons,
I now start a new paragraph every time my attention is diverted to some other thought while typing this
post.
Yeah, so that was pretty stupid. Whatever. It's been a long day.
This post is going to be really short because I need to be studying for an ultra important test tomorrow; and besides that I just about lost my finger in turbines lab today so the typing is even slower than usual. This past weekend was pretty action-packed. Readers Digest version: replaced the water pump in Josh's car Friday afternoon so that he could drive home, watched a movie Friday night, came back to a house that was pretty quiet and empty with both my roommates back in Indy for the weekend, got up the next morning kind of slow, sat down with some hot chocolate to read for awhile, studied, met with my flight student, studied, studied, played Guitar until my D string broke, sat around depressed about the Guitar because I didn't have any spares, cleaned the house, studied, went to bed. Excuse me while I take a deep breath. Alright, then Sunday went to church, talked about how we should approach studying the bible, which fit in well with the Nav's ABC format, really cool, and then after church, I think it was Kara suggested that her and Andrew and I just load up the truck and spend the afternoon at Turkey Run. Sounded good. Why not? So off we went to Turkey Run after a very filling, at least for me, lunch in the dining court. I wanted to make sure I ate 8 bucks worth of food. So then after a great time hiking around Turkey Run, we stood on the suspention bridge while the sun set except that we were looking the wrong direction to see it because we were watching the fish in the water on the other side of the bridge. None of us ever claimed to be normal. Then we headed back to Lafayette to the strains of John Denver much to Andrew's dismay. Once we got back to lafayette, I found a new way to remove hair from my hand that involved fire and fashion magazines. Check out the pictures. Then we cooked up some marinated ribs and hamburgers on the grill. Kara and Andrew provided the entertainment as we went back and forth between Andrew's music and Kara's music. I wish we had got a picture of some of Andrew's facial expressions. It was great. I even threw a song or two in there. Fortunately I didn't have any issues with either set of music, so it was more like a silent movie with a great soundtrack to me. So all in all, it was a great relaxing weekend.
So that brings us up to today. Today I did something that I haven't done many times before, I went to take a test that I didn't study for at all. we'll see how that comes out. As I eluded to before, turbines lab wasn't so great. It started off with all my lab partners declaring that it indeed true that I was weird once they found out that I was homeschooled. Thanks y'all, I needed a little encouraging reminder that I was different. Then, while we were reassembling the engine we took apart a couple weeks ago, some smart guy in our group got the bright idea to spin the engine while I was working on the compressor. My right pointer finger brought an abrupt stop to the engine as it got stuck in the first axial stage. I was upset, but it's all good. I grabbed a bandaid out of my back pack and hurried off to the bathroom to patch up my finger tip that was now bleeding profusely. Thank God it got stuck in there like it did though, because from the look of this slice in the end of my finger, it wouldn't have taken much for it to just remove the entire tip, and that screws up the police's finger print file so that's bad. Or could be good. But anyway, when I got back, the same guy that just about decapitated my finger started asking me if he could use my wire cutters to remove his stitches. Obviously he was no stranger to doing stupid things resulting in injury.
Now y'all have to understand this, tools are a personal thing in the world of maintenance, or anywhere I would assume. So if you ask someone if you can borrow one of their tools and they say no, it means no. Top that off with the fact that this slacker decided that even though he was in the maintenance program up here and it's a requirement that you have your own tools, he was above buying tools because he could just borrow everyone else's. That really gets me. So anyway, he proceeds to rummage around in my tool box, big no-no, to try and find something to remove his stitches. Yeah, I wasn't happy; and for the record I wasn't smiling.
So that was bad. Now, feeling lightheaded and dizzy from my loss of blood and lack of food, I trugged down to the simulator building to fly the 727. It didn't go terribly bad considering the circumstances and the fact that I was wearing sandals because I forgot my shoes. Welcome to my morning, welcome to my day; as the song goes. It's a good thing this semester is almost over 'cause I don't know how much longer I can delay burnout. Have I ever mentioned that I don't really like Mondays? Well, on that depressing note, stay tuned for a less depressing post soon to come.....
I needed to use
paragraphs
every time I started a new thought.
So in order to expand
my
educational horizons,
I now start a new paragraph every time my attention is diverted to some other thought while typing this
post.
Yeah, so that was pretty stupid. Whatever. It's been a long day.
This post is going to be really short because I need to be studying for an ultra important test tomorrow; and besides that I just about lost my finger in turbines lab today so the typing is even slower than usual. This past weekend was pretty action-packed. Readers Digest version: replaced the water pump in Josh's car Friday afternoon so that he could drive home, watched a movie Friday night, came back to a house that was pretty quiet and empty with both my roommates back in Indy for the weekend, got up the next morning kind of slow, sat down with some hot chocolate to read for awhile, studied, met with my flight student, studied, studied, played Guitar until my D string broke, sat around depressed about the Guitar because I didn't have any spares, cleaned the house, studied, went to bed. Excuse me while I take a deep breath. Alright, then Sunday went to church, talked about how we should approach studying the bible, which fit in well with the Nav's ABC format, really cool, and then after church, I think it was Kara suggested that her and Andrew and I just load up the truck and spend the afternoon at Turkey Run. Sounded good. Why not? So off we went to Turkey Run after a very filling, at least for me, lunch in the dining court. I wanted to make sure I ate 8 bucks worth of food. So then after a great time hiking around Turkey Run, we stood on the suspention bridge while the sun set except that we were looking the wrong direction to see it because we were watching the fish in the water on the other side of the bridge. None of us ever claimed to be normal. Then we headed back to Lafayette to the strains of John Denver much to Andrew's dismay. Once we got back to lafayette, I found a new way to remove hair from my hand that involved fire and fashion magazines. Check out the pictures. Then we cooked up some marinated ribs and hamburgers on the grill. Kara and Andrew provided the entertainment as we went back and forth between Andrew's music and Kara's music. I wish we had got a picture of some of Andrew's facial expressions. It was great. I even threw a song or two in there. Fortunately I didn't have any issues with either set of music, so it was more like a silent movie with a great soundtrack to me. So all in all, it was a great relaxing weekend.
So that brings us up to today. Today I did something that I haven't done many times before, I went to take a test that I didn't study for at all. we'll see how that comes out. As I eluded to before, turbines lab wasn't so great. It started off with all my lab partners declaring that it indeed true that I was weird once they found out that I was homeschooled. Thanks y'all, I needed a little encouraging reminder that I was different. Then, while we were reassembling the engine we took apart a couple weeks ago, some smart guy in our group got the bright idea to spin the engine while I was working on the compressor. My right pointer finger brought an abrupt stop to the engine as it got stuck in the first axial stage. I was upset, but it's all good. I grabbed a bandaid out of my back pack and hurried off to the bathroom to patch up my finger tip that was now bleeding profusely. Thank God it got stuck in there like it did though, because from the look of this slice in the end of my finger, it wouldn't have taken much for it to just remove the entire tip, and that screws up the police's finger print file so that's bad. Or could be good. But anyway, when I got back, the same guy that just about decapitated my finger started asking me if he could use my wire cutters to remove his stitches. Obviously he was no stranger to doing stupid things resulting in injury.
Now y'all have to understand this, tools are a personal thing in the world of maintenance, or anywhere I would assume. So if you ask someone if you can borrow one of their tools and they say no, it means no. Top that off with the fact that this slacker decided that even though he was in the maintenance program up here and it's a requirement that you have your own tools, he was above buying tools because he could just borrow everyone else's. That really gets me. So anyway, he proceeds to rummage around in my tool box, big no-no, to try and find something to remove his stitches. Yeah, I wasn't happy; and for the record I wasn't smiling.
So that was bad. Now, feeling lightheaded and dizzy from my loss of blood and lack of food, I trugged down to the simulator building to fly the 727. It didn't go terribly bad considering the circumstances and the fact that I was wearing sandals because I forgot my shoes. Welcome to my morning, welcome to my day; as the song goes. It's a good thing this semester is almost over 'cause I don't know how much longer I can delay burnout. Have I ever mentioned that I don't really like Mondays? Well, on that depressing note, stay tuned for a less depressing post soon to come.....

