« Home | Josh claimed that my room had a slight pink hue on... » |   » | Attack Gates » | Found! One of two posts! » | Up, Up the long delirious buring blue I topped the... » | Were did the weekend go? » | World's Shortest Post » | Thank God » | Between the pit of man's fears and the summit of h... » | Got to love the media » 

Donnerstag, November 11, 2004 

If the bugs don't get you, the Brazilians will

Brazil Says It Will Shoot Down Suspected Drug Planes
Starting this week, the government of Brazil joins Colombia in empowering its air force to shoot down suspected drug planes. The policy is meant to staunch a growing commerce in cocaine using airstrips hidden in the vast Amazon forest. The Aviation Crime Prevention Institute (ACPI), based in Ormond Beach, Fla., warned last week that the policy could increase aircraft thefts, because drug smugglers will seek to replace any lost aircraft. So far this year, nine single-engine Cessnas have been reported stolen, four of those in Baja, Mexico, the ACPI said. Authorities in Brazil said they have careful procedures in place to ensure that no innocent flyers are shot down. Planning a trip? Brazil's government distributed 100,000 pamphlets and 10,000 posters at airports and fueling stations to inform pilots about what to do if they are intercepted, and also is broadcasting warnings by radio. Opponents to the policy say it is equivalent to the death penalty, which is banned in Brazil. Peru reversed its policy of armed attacks after two innocent people died in a missionary aircraft shot down in 2001.


I though some of you might find this interesting. I have read about the missionarys that were shot down in 2001, it's a real gripping story. This move by Brazil just makes it that much more risky for missionary pilots.....


I wrote this massive story/post tonight so that I would actually have something worth reading on my blog, but I ended up creating something that I'm not exactly sure that I should post lol. I really got carried away. Nothing bad, just....well if I ever post it you'll see lol.

So you aroused our curiosity!!! Post the massive story. We want to see what Ross writes when he gets carried away :-)

~Nirmala

No we don't. We admire his restraint because some of us *looks innocent* do the same thing all the time.

I might have to post a slightly edited version of it eventually....it starts out just talking about a walk in the park next to my house and digresses into a totally different topic. I'm kind of starting to get into this writing thing though. I think I'm going to starting writing posts to myself and just not post them on the blog. It's probably safer that way.

Haha. So into blogging now that you even write posts just for yourself. So might it be time to change your tagline? :-D

~Nirmala

lol. Hmm...I don't know if I'm ready to change the title line yet...but I had considered it.

Kommentar veröffentlichen