« Home | Alright short post. I spent the entire day from 7 ... » | Why have Social Security when you could have the Y... » | This is a picture of the old FBO building at the G... » | So if you can't tell by the lack of posts, life's ... » | Coming back from Indy Sunday night I had my first ... » | These are pictures of the former "Green Latrine", ... » |   » |   » |   » |   » 

Dienstag, März 01, 2005 

I better post on here before it becomes an entire month since the last time I did. I guess blogger hasn't really been high on my priority list of late. That and God provided an awesome "new to me" lap top computer that I've just been getting all configured and stuff to work with our new DSL. So yeah now were totally connected out here, DSL and every thing. Verizon sent us a wireless router too......and I think were we hung it on the wall we should be able to get wireless at least as far as the picnic tables in our side yard which will be great when it warms up. Eventually I want to go out there and find out exactly how far it does go. But not till it gets warmer.

This computer has a character all it's own though. It makes so many weird noises just in normal operation that it's almost like it's trying to communicate with you, and it gets a little excited when you feed it CDs sometimes; just starts shakin' and grinding till you give it an understanding little pat on the CD drawer then it's fine. Oh, and don't ever ask it to go into suspend mode.....it'll go to sleep just fine but when it wakes up it's not exactly sure who it is or what's going on. Sounds like me when I don't get my sleep. Speaking of which, sleep is way more valuable to me than blogger, especially right now 'cause I think I'm starting to get a little cold, so I'm going to end here.

LOL, I did forget to tell you that part about it falling asleep didn't I? Hibernate usually does work fairly smoothly though if you want to keep programs open.

Kommentar veröffentlichen