« Home | These are pictures of the former "Green Latrine", ... » |   » |   » |   » |   » | An evening shadow are my days; Like grass I ... » | The King Air. I didn't take this picture, I just s... » | Actually, that house was in Papillion (population ... » | Brian's house. Yeah I know you don't care but I di... » | Wow, it's been awhile y'all, sorry 'bout that. Lif... » 

Montag, Februar 07, 2005 

Coming back from Indy Sunday night I had my first opportunity all week to just think and pray in silence. My radio doesn't quite work all the way right now.....I can only pick up radio stations within like a one mile radius and there aren't many between Indy and here. The more I reflected on the week the more I realized why I felt so worn out. This whole week was fairly crazy, yet mostly uneventful. Just crazy. Ok, so I guess there were some events but nothing really worthy of noting right now. I spent all of Saturday flying around with students in that terrible Lafayette haze trying not to hit other people cruising around up there. Actually there was at least one "close" call. That night I just came home and crashed, convinced that I didn't want to do this for the rest of my life.

But then there's Sunday. Sunday morning I got up and made tracks back to Indy with the intent of getting back there in time for church. I actually made it back in time for the sermon, although I missed the baptism they were having right before that. Hmm....baptism.....sounds like a post I was going to do.......anyway. Pastor Faris's sermon was awesome as usual. He was continuing to preach through Mark and was at Mark 8:11-38 this Sunday. One of the big things I pulled out of it was where Jesus was asking his disciples who they say that he is and after fumbling around a little, Peter finally gets out "you are the Christ". Pastor Faris was challenging us to think about who we say God is. Ok, so we answer that he's our Prophet, Priest, and King. If we that's truly who God is to us then that has some serious implications. Right after that he talks about how anyone who wants to follow him needs to deny themself and take up their cross and follow him. So if he really is who we said he was, then we need to be taking up our cross and living our life so that it clearly reflects Christ to others. What seems like such a simple question really demands not only an answer, but definite action.

Oh, funny story..... oh ha after writing the whole story out I changed my mind about telling it.....just have to save it for another day. Ha wasn't that funny?

So then the rest of the afternoon we celebrated Kathryn's birthday. Man, 16. I can remember way back when I was 16.....like 4 years ago. She got a LOTR extended edition of the Fellowship, so we watched that for about an hour and a half or so and then realized we would be there for the rest of the night if we tried to finish it out. Then, after much convincing, I got her to try and drive my truck around. I had to practically pick her up and put her in the drivers seat. After we got going though she had a blast. I guess I never realized how close the side of the road looks in the right seat. By the end of it we still had all our neighbors and they still had all their children and dogs so I guess the driving lesson was a success.

Finally, around 8 that evening, my broken radio and I began the trip back up to Lafayette with windows rolled all the way down to better enjoy everyone of those 45 degrees. And now here I am back in Lafayette on a Monday afternoon in need of a walmart run.

Happy Birthday Kathryn!


Ha, I never looked at the font sizes on blogger before. You can choose between "normal" "large" "huge" "small" and "tiny". I guess 12 point was a little complicated for people lol.

Happy birthday Kathryn!

Driving your truck was awesome! It was like, move over all you dinky cars! It was fun hangin out with you too!

We won't let you forget to post your funny story sometime! :-)

That comment on my site was great! LOL

~Nirmala

Kommentar veröffentlichen