The end of a long week and the shortest Nav rally yet
Wow, this week just drug out way too long. Coming down with a little bit of a cold at the begining of the week doesn't help though. And the fact that were so close to spring break. Whatever it was I'm glad it's over now. One highlight to the week though: I got to fly some pilots from an aircraft charter company back in Indy that wouldn't make a bad first job up to Michigan to pick up one of their aircraft. Not only was it great to be able to just go out and fly without having to constantly be talking to a student, but the aviation world is all about connection and now I know some of the pilots down there.......not to mention that it's a "daughter" company to the one I work for now.......so who knows what God might work out.
So then tonight I was going to go to Navs, but I got back a little later from the airport then I thought I was and that gave me about half an hour to eat dinner. I decided food was alot more important than being on time to navs but by the time I finished eating, got my motorcycle to run, and drove down to navs it was already 8:30 so figured the little that was left of navs wasn't worth risking not being able to start the bike back up to go home. So I just went and drove around Purdue a little looking at all the crazy people and then I relized that I was crazy for being out there cruising around in the cold and went home. lol well I'm going to stop trying to write now because the nyquill is kicking in and I'm not even making sense to me any more.
Oh, by the way......the picture above is of Big Pine creek, one of Indiana's best white water rivers and it's only 20 mi west of Lafayette. I snapped several pictures of it while I was coming back on the ILS yesterday. It looked totally awesome from the air, all the pictures don't do it justice. I so have to build a canoe now or something.......
So then tonight I was going to go to Navs, but I got back a little later from the airport then I thought I was and that gave me about half an hour to eat dinner. I decided food was alot more important than being on time to navs but by the time I finished eating, got my motorcycle to run, and drove down to navs it was already 8:30 so figured the little that was left of navs wasn't worth risking not being able to start the bike back up to go home. So I just went and drove around Purdue a little looking at all the crazy people and then I relized that I was crazy for being out there cruising around in the cold and went home. lol well I'm going to stop trying to write now because the nyquill is kicking in and I'm not even making sense to me any more.
Oh, by the way......the picture above is of Big Pine creek, one of Indiana's best white water rivers and it's only 20 mi west of Lafayette. I snapped several pictures of it while I was coming back on the ILS yesterday. It looked totally awesome from the air, all the pictures don't do it justice. I so have to build a canoe now or something.......


http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=1795860&cat=49940&type=1&dept=101851&path=0%3A101851%3A4145%3A49940
Posted by
Anonym |
4:46 PM
lol yeah those were all out of stock at the wonderfull West Lafaytte walmart, but I was starting to lean towards the four man rubber raft anyway so I could bring a cooler and stuff.
Posted by
Ross |
2:20 PM
Stuff being me and Andrew and Josh, right?
Posted by
Anonym |
11:09 PM
lol sure. I guess I could say payload, that sounds a little better if the stuff is people. The four man raft has a higher "Useful Load" is what I was trying to say.
Posted by
Ross |
11:39 PM
I've heard "stories" about 4 men rubber rafts. .. no, I lived them .. . just leave out the 4 fishing poles, 2 coolers, 1 car battery, 1 small motor, 2 adults and 1 teenager trying to get a suntan. .. otherwise it would be fun. Check with "grandpa" up the street when you get home. .. I think he still has the yellow rubber beast in the basement. .. maybe you could slay it.
Mom
Posted by
Anonym |
7:04 PM
Scratch that, I forgot all of that was in a two man rubber raft. Besides, it has been a while since someone was a teenager. .. the rubber is most likely all dry. . . :)
~mom
Posted by
Anonym |
8:20 PM
lol
Posted by
Ross |
12:24 PM