« Home | Why have Social Security when you could have the Y... » | This is a picture of the old FBO building at the G... » | So if you can't tell by the lack of posts, life's ... » | Coming back from Indy Sunday night I had my first ... » | These are pictures of the former "Green Latrine", ... » |   » |   » |   » |   » | An evening shadow are my days; Like grass I ... » 

Samstag, Februar 19, 2005 

Alright short post. I spent the entire day from 7 to 7 flying all around Lafayette and northern Indiana with students and making an endless number of controlled crashes at most of the area airports. One of my students and I stopped by Kentland airport and ducked into the little one-room-and-a-hanger building on the field to say hey to the 75 year old guy that runs the place and pretty much just sits there waitin' for someone to stop and talk. I guess he's like the cousin of the mayor there or something. But yeah, and then we flew over to Delphi and just missed the EAA chapters fly in breakfast. I promised one of their members named Debby that I would keep closer tabs on when they have those and make it out for the next one after she got on the radio and told me how much I missed by not being there. Which, if it was anything like the barbecue they had out there before then she's probably right. Got to love small airports

And then there's always the mechanical difficulties to make things more exciting. During my last flight today we lost all of our radios for awhile until I reached under the panel and messed with the wires that go to the intercom and were just kind of hanging there. But that's nothing compared to the excitement one of my fellow flight instructors had when during his first flight this morning at about 8 only one of his three landing gear would come down. I've decided I really don't like that airplane cause that's not the first time it's pulled something like that. They did finally come down for him after a little "encouragement" though.

So there you go. That was my day. And if I'm going to stay awake in church tomorrow, I better think about getting in bed in the very near future......

Wow! Sounds like you have pretty exciting days!

How's about a brief post, something like, yes Mom, I am still alive and well??? or I have been seen walking among the saints?? Or flying among the clouds, or not. Miss the updates, but know your are swamped.

Kommentar veröffentlichen