« Home | Monk's Mound  » | The mounds are NE of St. Louis » | From the top of Monk's Mound. The thing that I'm l... » | The sign pretty much covers it.  » | Back in Indiana on the home stretch of interstate ... » | Me looking at the falls  » | Covered bridge at the entrance to the park  » | Looking out of the bridge at the upper falls  » |   » | A pump waterfountain. I don't know why, but I thou... » 

Donnerstag, Juni 08, 2006 


Just east of St. Louis we stopped at the Cahokia Indian Mounds. I thought it was cool, but you really have to have an appreciation for the anthropological and archaeological importance of the site to make it anything more than just some big piles of dirt.

There are three hundred people and a chief buried under this mound. Yeah, that's not creepy. Posted by Picasa