
After we were done with cave number one, we loaded up the truck and headed over to HNF to find patton cave and then spend the night. The night hike was seriously awesome... not to cold, not to warm, the stars were clearly visible in the clear sky..... very enjoyable. The trail was pretty well packed down by all the horses that had come through there, so it wasn't to hard to follow. But when it came time to start looking for the cave.... that was a little different. All I had was a shady general description of where it was, the topo map, and the compass. I think after awhile Steve and Eric were starting to get annoyed at how often I stopped to cross check the map, but hey I really wanted to find it with as little wandering around as possible so I could hit the sack. Well, we walked right too it pretty much and it was covered in boy scouts, so we headed to the hills and found us a nice little ridge to camp out on. This picture is late the next morning and I had just come back from hiking up the trail a little further to just kind of check it out and give those guys time to get all their sleeping in. Well when I got back they were still sleeping. I mean this is like probably 11 in the morning now; how can anyone sleep in that long while camping? I don't know, but after sitting on my hammock thinking and staring at trees for about 20 minutes I couldn't wait any longer, so I packed up, hung the sleeping bag out to dry, and headed out to explore Patton cave.

